#MythoJuly2017 Sketcbook Launch Party!

MythoJuly2017 Sketchbook Launch Party Header

I hope you’ll have a lot of fun, and feel free to invite your friends throughout the day.

Flying Pegausu

Flying Pegasus. The color is ispired by the character from Disney’s Hercules.

Other than a dragon, which was kind of represented in MythoJuly on July 21, 2017, Pegasus is my favorite mythological creature. Did you know he is the son of Poseidon and the Gorgon Medusa?

You can download Flying Pegasus, Lady Hades and Lady Krishna (Chosen by Vote on Instagram), Mili Fay as Athena and 9 Adult Coloring Pages, by clicking on the link below.

MythoJuly2017 Book Launch Giveaway Gifts

MythoJuly2017 Sketchbook Launch Gifts were available on December 10, 2017. Join Mili Fay Art Fan Club and never miss out again.

MythoJuly2017 Sketchbook Cover Art

Today only, and NEVER again, download MythoJuly2017 Sketchbook FREE from Amazon.

MythoJuly2017 Sketchbook Artist's Edition Cover Art

Artist’s Edition allows you to download all the artwork in the sketchbook at full resolution. That’s approximately US$300 worth of artwork for US$5.00! Regular retail price: US$49.95. After today, I will manually raise the price by $5 every day, until I reach the full retail price. Never again will you be able to purchase this book for less than US$24.99 (50% off). Find it on Amazon.

50% OFF!

Clicking on the image will take you to Amazon’s book page. If you have any technical issues, let me know.

Cover for the Kindle Edition of MerMay2017 Sketchbook featuring Mili Fay as an aqua mermaid.Cover for the Kindle Edition of MerMay2017 Sketchbook featuring Mili Fay as an aqua mermaid.The Phantom of the Opera Sketchbook Inktober 2016 Sketchbook CoveThe Phantom of the Opera Sketchbook Inktober 2016 Sketchbook Cove

Throughout the day, I will post 3 mythology trivia questions in the comments. The first person to Reply with the correct answer, can ask me to sketch anything, and I mean anything. I will attempt to film myself sketching and broadcast my efforts Live on Instagram. FYI, I have a ridiculous fear of being on camera, so please be patient with me.

I will also attempt to answer questions while sketching, but sometimes I cannot draw and talk at the same time. So… write your questions in the comments on this post, and I’ll get to them between the Live Sketching Streams. Just make sure your question has not been asked, because otherwise this page can get very messy.

You can also comment and interact with other attendees on this page or on Social Media: Mili Fay Art on Instagram, Mili Fay Art Facebook Page, and Facebook Event Page.

Schyler Sisters from Hamilton

Trivia Prize 1: Schuyler Sisters from Hamilton

Schuyler Sisters from Hamilton Colored

Schuyler Sisters from Hamilton colored with Pantone TRIA markers.

Hrafn and Olaf from Raven Boy

Trivia Prize 2: Hrafn and Olaf from Kateryna Kei’s book Raven Boy.

Wicked the Musical: Popular

Trivia Prize 3: Glinda and Elphaba from the musical Wicked.

If you have shared this event, and I have not acknowledged your efforts, let me know so that I can add you to the Grand Prize Draw. I have never done this before, so there may have been some glitches. The minimum for the draw is 10 persons per prize (See previous post). If this minimum has not been met, a consolation prize will be sent to the few participants who have helped share this event on Social Media.

Mili Fay

A note to spammers: This page is monitored. Please do not waste your time or mine.

Mili Fay--Portrait by Catia Da Costa of CDC Photography

Mili Fay, an award-winning artist, trained as a classical animator at Sheridan College, but when computer animation took over the field, she decided that she loved drawing more than animating. In November of 2011 she created Mili Fay Art determined to support the world one artwork at a time. Today, she passionately creates imaginative artwork and stories, always graced with a humorous modern twist.

Currently, Mili is working on an epic YA fantasy series, Warriors of Virtue, about a reluctant princess, Lauraliee, who learns to become a queen as she defends Ardan from dragon-people (people who turn into dragons).

Mili Fay Art Published Books Book CoversMili Fay Art Fan Cub
“Together we support the world one artwork at a time.”

Facebook: Mili Fay Art
Twitter: @MiliFay

This entry was posted in Amazons Kindle Direct Publishing, Gifts, MerMay2017, MythoJuly2017, The Phantom of the Opera Sketchbook, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

1. Mili_Fay December 10, 2017 at 12:02 #

Who were Hercules’s teachers?

EXPIRES AT 12:15 EST.

• Mili_Fay December 10, 2017 at 12:17 #

OK. I’m extending the dedline until 12:30. Since I’m suppose to create these sketches live, I only have limited time to do so. The next question will be posted at 15:00.

• Madi December 10, 2017 at 12:34 #

• Mili_Fay December 10, 2017 at 12:39 #

Yay! That is correct! He was not the only teacher. Can you name two others? You won anyway. Since your answer is correct. Let me know what you’d like me to draw so that I can set up ASAP.

• Madi December 10, 2017 at 12:55 #

I believe some other ones were Amphitrton, Autolycus, Castor, Eurytus, and I know there’s a few more but forgot their names.

• Mili_Fay December 10, 2017 at 15:06 #

That is more than I know. 🙂 I had Chiron and Amphitryon.

2. Mili_Fay December 10, 2017 at 15:05 #

Name Odysseus’ parents, wife, and son. Odysseus was the King of _________________ and leader of ________________

EXPIRES AT 15:30 EST.

3. Kateryna December 10, 2017 at 15:10 #

Parents: Laërtes and Anticlea
    Wife: Penelope
    Son : Telemachus
    I think he was king of Ithaca and leader of Homer’s Odyssey

4. Kateryna December 10, 2017 at 15:11 #

oh, he was also a war leader in the war with Troy

• Mili_Fay December 10, 2017 at 15:15 #

Congrats Kateryna! He was a leader of a special group of warriors called Kephallenians — I did not know that before I did some research. What would you like me to sketch?

• Kateryna December 10, 2017 at 15:16 #

WOW!!!! Can’t believe I won this one!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

5. Kateryna December 10, 2017 at 15:18 #

If I can pick anything, I’d love you to sketch the characters of my book – the Viking twin brothers Olaf and Hrafn (10-year olds, blond, good-looking 😉 ) If you don’t mind, of course 😉 Otherwise, I can choose something else

• Mili_Fay December 10, 2017 at 15:41 #

No problem at all. Can you share a bit more about their personalities as I find some reference photos. I read the book, but I have a terrible memory. It’s the reason I buy books, I can read them over and over again.

6. Kateryna December 10, 2017 at 16:07 #

Sure 😉
    They are twin brothers and good friends. They are similar, except for the color of their eyes – Olaf’s are grey and Hrafn’s are green.
    Olaf was always sure he would be the next king, as he was born first. When Hrafn was chosen, he was upset at first, but then he happily accepted to rule together with Hrafn. But the fact that he always believed he would be king is deeply rooted in his behavior. He wants to be seen as fair leader and to show off a little bit.
    Hrafn is more discrete. One of the reasons for it is that he has a secret – he shares a special connection with a raven bird. because of this connection he is wiser, too – he can share thoughts and emotions with his raven. Hrafn is good with a sword, and as a new king, he has inherited his father’s sword. As for Olaf, he is very skilled with spears. But they are both young, so they dress and play just like regular boys.
    I hope this helps 😉

7. Kateryna December 10, 2017 at 16:10 #

You know, I loooooove your art and if your sketch is not exactly corresponding to my book, I won’t be upset. I’m already excited that you will sketch something just for me 😉

8. Kateryna December 10, 2017 at 17:26 #

OMG! Mili, your sketch is awesome!!!!!! May I share it on y FB page & blog?

• Mili_Fay December 10, 2017 at 17:36 #

Of course. This one is yours. Do with it as you will. I’ll scan the image, clean it up a bit, and send it to you tomorrow.

9. Kateryna December 10, 2017 at 17:54 #

Oh WOW!!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You made my whole week!!!!

10. Mili_Fay December 10, 2017 at 18:02 #

Which famous lost artwork by Leonardo Da Vinci shows the birth of Helen of Troy? Helen was the Queen of ______________.

EXPIRES AT 18:30 EST

Last chance. If you have some questions you’d like me to answer about art or an artist’s life ask them now, so I can try to answer them in my last stream of the day.

• keilana December 10, 2017 at 18:21 #

leda and the swan!

• keilana December 10, 2017 at 18:22 #

she was queen of sparta!

• Mili_Fay December 10, 2017 at 18:24 #

That is correct Keilana. You are the last winner! Congratulations! Helen was the Queen of Sparta. Yes! Let me know what you would like me to draw for you.

11. keilana December 10, 2017 at 18:27 #

could you draw elphaba and glinda from wicked? i saw your schuyler sister piece this morning and with hamilton being one of my favorite musicals, it absolutely blew me away.

• Mili_Fay December 10, 2017 at 18:30 #

I LOVE Wicked! Not as much as Phantom, but ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️. It would be my pleasure. My sister’s iPod is out of juice, but I hope to begin streaming by 19:00.

12. Mili_Fay December 10, 2017 at 20:42 #

The Book Launch Event is over. Thank you all for participating. Sadly, there will be no Grand Prize Draw, but those of you who did share the news about the event can choose any of my Kindle Books (non artist editions) and any artwork of mine you like (except limited editions) and I’ll email you the full resolution image free.